Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Soft Pack - The Soft Pack

Add Date: January 19
Artist: The Soft Pack
Album: The Soft Pack
Label: Kemado
Genre: Beachy Indie Garage Rock

Formerly known as The Muslims, The Soft Pack has delivered a charming debut album. Think garage rock with a suave So-Cal-couldn't-care-less vibe. At times the hooks can be a bit sophomorically grating, and I'm not sure I agree this group lives up to their comparison to the Strokes, but I found myself genuinely drawn in by the melodic feel-good riffs. The Soft Pack's carefully orchestrated punk energy has saved these tracks from an otherwise lackluster sound. The first 5 or 6 tracks get your feet moving (try Answer To Yourself and More Or Less), while Mexico adds a pleasant ballad to the collection. For their genre, I give The Soft Pack a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment