Monday, November 15, 2010

Robyn

Artist - Robyn
Album - Body Talk Pt. 3
Label - Konichiwa
Genre - Dance-y Girl Pop


I’ve been awaiting the third installment of Robyn’s Body Talk with great anticipation, mostly hoping it would emulate the exciting variety of Part 1 as opposed to the plateauing of Part 2. For this album, Robyn has compiled a tracklist of the “best” tracks from Parts 1 and 2, and I agree with her choices. Regarding the 5 new tracks: I salute the production of Part 3. It’s shimmery, infectious, and a little more so meant for the clubs than either of its predecessors. The lyrical content is somewhat tacky and forced – not to say Part 1 wasn’t tacky, but I could appreciate it for what it was. I think Robyn could have done a little better… but Indestructible is a truly great track, and I find myself humming Time Machine way more than I ought to. All in all, this was somewhere in between Parts 1 and 2 for me. Here’s to the Swedes for another great dance-pop production!

No comments:

Post a Comment