Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Swedish House Mafia

Artist - Swedish House Mafia
Album - Until One
Label - Astralwerks

This is one for the clubs. I spent most of my early teenage years perusing Limewire for many of the Tiesto-like artists found on here, like Benassi, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso, David Guetta, TV Rock, Steve Angello, and Laidback Luke. In my recent, more musically enlightened years, I’ve perused music blogs for the more progressive artists found on here, such as Justice, Empire of the Sun, MGMT, and Miike Snow, while still retaining a guilty love for the aforementioned DJs. I liked the incorporation of indie hits into very danceable, club-worthy jams. Granted, the pieces used (Coldplay’s “Clocks” and MGMT’s “Kids”) are a little obvious, but whatever, Pharrell’s appearance makes up for it. As a whole the mix (at 24 tracks!) is a nonstop party with beats which manage to morph into different grooves while still maintaining a uniform sound. Yeah, it’s the same beats you’ve heard before, but that doesn’t make any less enjoyable. The only thing I wish I’d seen was a little more original material as opposed to just remixes, but I still give this a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment