Saturday, October 2, 2010

No Age

Artist- No Age
Album- Everything In Between
Label- Sub Pop
Genre- Noise pop at its finest


No Age is a destructive duo that knows how to do noise rock in an appealing and catchy way, without losing the skull-crushing fun that noise can bring. While many may not know the name No Age, I have faith most have heard their single which debuted in 2008, Eraser. If you know this song, or better yet the band, this album will not disappoint you. No Age still delivers with their well known heavy distortions and catchy beats, but I feel they have added a new element to this album. To me, on this album, No Age finds not only a way to capitalize on fast and catchy noise beats, but also slower, more provocative sounds. One will find many songs that will intensely sweep you up in a blaze of noise and fast beats, while other songs take a more paced approach utilizing on noises ability to make something very intense. In general, the album has a good balance, and for me, I got everything I expected and then more. So, I would say to those with history with the band that will be impressed at their ability to continue providing on their signature sound, while still growing, and for those new to the band I doubt that they will be disappointed if they are looking for something fun and catchy, but that still has a little bite to it.
-Matthew James Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment